JavaScript Errors

Jul 13, 2010 at 11:42 AM
Version 1.8 seems to cause some javascript errors on the page. It looks like the hover-over for the event does not work. This is under SharePoint 2010 Foundation. Also, if there is an invalid list, such as an external list that has been deleted, the exception is displayed in the web part edit pane on the right side of the page. Not a biggie, just not pretty. Thanks!
Coordinator
Jul 13, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Yes, these are known issues for now. 

Editor
Jul 30, 2010 at 11:36 AM
Edited Aug 2, 2010 at 9:31 AM
I deleted the below line from createchildcontrols event

Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptInclude(

"wztooltipscript", ClassResourcePath + "/wz_tooltip.js");
Now I created a Folder name "LAYOUTS" under "TEMPLATE"  then added 1 more folder under LAYOUTS as "ESD". // you can add your own after creating layouts folder
I moved ws_tooltip.js file to my new ESD folder
after createchildcontrol method I wrote the below code
protected override void OnPreRender(EventArgs e) 
{ base.OnPreRender(e); 
  ClientScriptManager cs = Page.ClientScript; // Include the required javascript file. 
  if (!cs.IsClientScriptIncludeRegistered("wztooltipscript")) 
   {
    cs.RegisterClientScriptInclude(this.GetType(), "wztooltipscript", "/_layouts/ESD/wz_tooltip.js"); 
   }
}
Editor
Jul 30, 2010 at 11:50 AM

This web part worked very well for me.

A minor issue I encountered is when I rollover on a date and suddenly moved to othe areas in browser, that tooltip is still there on other area of browser.

I edited wz_tooltip.js file as below then it solved my minor issue

I deleted tt_AddEvtFnc(document, "mousemove", tt_Move);   from tt_Init function

Coordinator
Jul 30, 2010 at 11:56 AM

I hope I'll have some time soon to integrate the changes you proposed, but it looks like a good fix.

@rarerose: and BTW : if you want, I can make you a member so you can integrate your changes in the trunk.

Editor
Aug 2, 2010 at 9:41 AM

I appreciate if you can do that for me.

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Here you go.