Regional Settings

Nov 11, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Thanks it is great and useful. for the next version I suggest compatiblity with site's regional settins (especially workdays since its not Sat,Sun everywhere). Another good feature is allowing the alternate calendar.

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Please elaborate more on the idea with the alternate calendar.

Nov 12, 2010 at 6:25 AM

Thanks for replying. alternate Calendar in some countries there is another calendar (other than Gregorian) followed, for instance "the lunar Calendar". Sharepoint has definition for that and it can be enabled. When enabled, coinciding month names and day numbers appear on the same calendar.

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2010 at 9:41 AM

You can test the latest release for the alternate calendar, and give us some feedback.

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:29 PM

I just tried out you mini calendar in a test environment. Works basically perfect! But what I really hardly miss (and this is unfortunately a "must" in our organisation) is that the web part also uses the "First day of week" setting from the "My Settings - My Regional Settings" Page, as we have user in the US (prefering Sunday to be the first day of the week) and around the world (which majorly is used to have "Monday" as the firts day of the week).

Do you think that this is a feature that you might be able to build in?

Thank you very much for your great work up to now!

Simon

Coordinator
Feb 18, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Check the latest release, I have just released it. It now takes into account the user's regional settings.

Feb 21, 2011 at 3:42 PM
Edited Feb 21, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Just tried to redeploy the solution but always receive the error "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Page cannot be displayed or imported. The type is not registered as safe." when trying to add the webpart to the zone. Did I do something wrong or is it something that needs to be handled on your side?

Apr 4, 2011 at 3:24 PM

I added the webpart to the page but figured out that as soon as I choose another Regional Setting (e.g. Germany with first day of the week on Monday) the layout of the web part is different. While having the Webpart with local settings to English (South Africa) the Webpart uses almost the full width of the webpart zone (about 220px). But as soon as I switch my regional settings to "German (Germany)" the width gets reduced to about 150px and I cannot figure out why/how I can change that. Interesting is that not all regions are concerned. "French (France)" looks good, while "Dutch (Netherlands)" has the same issue as the "German ..." Settings.

May I kindly ask you to take a look on that issue? Thanks a lot!

Jul 22, 2012 at 8:28 AM

thank you ,it is greate but i have a problem when i use it. in regional setting we have a list of calender type like arabic,hijri ,... but when i change it ,there is n't any effect on calender and always shown month name in gregorian date format .may i ask you to take a look on it ? thanks a lot