Value does not fall within the expected range

Mar 14, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Hello, I followed the instructions and I got this error.

I used a custom list which has an start date, end date and title.

There are 3 events on that list, and all the events have these 3 fields filled in.

This is sharepoint 2010.

Please help.

Thank youi

System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range. at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldMap.GetColumnNumber(String strFieldName, Boolean bThrow) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItemCollection.GetColumnNumber(String groupName, Boolean bThrowException) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItemCollection.GetRawValue(String fieldname, Int32 iIndex, Boolean bThrow) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.GetValue(SPField fld, Int32 columnNumber, Boolean bRaw, Boolean bThrowException) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.GetValue(String strName, Boolean bThrowException) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.get_Item(String fieldName) at CalendarWebpart.CalendarWebpart.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__2(SPListItem evt) at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at CalendarWebpart.CalendarWebpart.cal_DayRender(Object sender, DayRenderEventArgs e)System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range. at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldMap.GetColumnNumber(String

Coordinator
Mar 14, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Did you configured the webpart properties?

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:13 PM

If you mean the list, startdate, end date, tooltip field yes.

What else do I need to setup?

May 3, 2011 at 6:30 PM

I'm seeing the same problem on SharePoint 2010 with a default Team Site template.

May 3, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Figured it out...the View has to be a Calendar view. I was using All Events.

Feb 2, 2012 at 9:27 PM

How do you mean you were using All Events? Does the solution now include a view selector??

I'd just modified it to include a View dropdown for filtering the returned result set and am getting the same error. :(

Jun 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Hello!

Try to increase the List View Lookup Threshold how it's described here. But consider it as just a fast fix. Probably, you need to tune up your query for data.