Some Ideas

Apr 22, 2009 at 6:29 AM

Thanks for your great effort to put the together.

Some suggestion

1. People wants to show the event for begining data and end date, eg: 22-April-2009 ~ 27-April-2009, then the calendar should highlight all dates between 22-27.

You may add a option for people to do it.   CAML Query will be

"<Leq><FieldRef Name=\"" + "EventDate" + "\" Type=\"DateTime\" /><Value Type=\"DateTime\">" + e.Day.Date.ToString("s") + "</Value></Leq>"  

"<Geq><FieldRef Name=\"" + "EndDate" + "\" Type=\"DateTime\" /><Value Type=\"DateTime\">" + e.Day.Date.ToString("s") + "</Value></Geq>"

2. Add the style sheet class in the ToolTip div so people can modify the looks

tooltipArray +=

string.Format("<div id='linkitem' class='item link-item'><a href='{0}'>{1}</a></div> ", listUrl + "?ID=" + item.ID, snipet.Replace("\"", "&dquo;"));

3. I found some issue in the Javascript, and I need to modify to address it
divTooltip.style.left = event.clientX + document.body.scrollLeft - divTooltip.offsetParent.offsetLeft;
divTooltip.style.top = event.clientY + document.body.scrollTop - divTooltip.offsetParent.offsetTop + 10;

4. Rather show up as tooltip, people may want to a panel on sdie showing day events. So you may consider it as a option as well.

Coordinator
Apr 26, 2009 at 1:19 PM
Edited Apr 26, 2009 at 1:19 PM
Yes, good ideas. Well, I already implemented some of them, probably you can see them in the last release.
Maybe if you have some time to test this web part on firefox or other browsers, you can give some feedback. We can make this web part even better.
Of course, if you want to invest some time in this project, feel free to post your code here. Maybe I can make you member of this project.
Thanks again for your feedback.
Editor
Nov 6, 2009 at 8:24 AM

I want to invest my time to this project.

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2009 at 8:45 AM

You are now a contributor on this project. Feel free to make your ideas come true ;)

Editor
Nov 9, 2009 at 6:00 AM

Thanks. So where do I start?

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2009 at 8:04 AM
Edited Nov 9, 2009 at 8:06 AM

You can download the source code following the instructions on the Source Code page: http://minicalendarwebpart.codeplex.com/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx
Actually, I use SVN to connect to the source control, is the easyest:

URL: https://MiniCalendarWebPart.svn.codeplex.com/svn
Username: <your username>
Password: <same as your website password>

Then, can you work on the new feature with holidays coloring? That would be a nice to have.

Kind regards,
Sergiu.